Finario Corp. (“Finario” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. This Finario Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) describes our privacy practices for the activities set out in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding Personal Data. If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact Finario. This statement was last updated on July 30, 2019.
PUBLIC WEBSITES & EVENTS
As you navigate www.finario.com, info.finario.com or other public marketing or informational websites that we may make available (collectively the “Public Website”), Finario may collect information such as your Internet Protocol address, Web browser information and your actions while on the Public Website. This information will be collected, if at all, through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. Standing alone, this information does not directly identify you personally. Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future and/or delete existing cookies.
When expressing interest in Finario’s products or services, whether on our Public Websites or at an event, webinar or other forum (“Events”), you may have the option to provide contact information such as your name, employer’s name, job title, email address and business phone number. You may also have the option of engaging in a “live chat” or other form of interactive communication, during which Finario may collect a record of information disclosed by you. Providing this optional information is voluntary on your part, and in the absence of providing such information you remain anonymous to Finario.
Use of Information Collected
We use your information, including Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Public Website and other services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Public Website and services, to diagnose technical problems, to respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience while using the Public Website.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use Personal Data, such as your email address and other optional information you provide, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, event invitations or other promotions or to otherwise contact you about Finario products or business information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Public Website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Public Website and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Sharing of Information Collected
Finario does not share, sell, rent or trade Personal Data with third parties for their promotional purposes. Information collected is used only for the internal purposes noted above and is not shared with third-parties, except as follows:
- Vendors, Service Providers, Contractors and Agents. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, provided they agree to the principles in this Statement.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Statement, or as evidence in litigation in which Finario is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
How to Exercise your Rights on the Use of your Personal Data
You may manage your receipt of marketing communications from Finario at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of all Company’s marketing emails.
Third Party Links
PRIVATE SOFTWARE APPLICATION
Finario provides an online, software-as-a-service application to business customers (the “Application”) that they use subject to the terms and conditions of a Master Subscription Agreement (the “MSA”) between Finario and the entity that has subscribed to use the Application. Finario does not share, distribute, or reference any customer data entered into the Application except as provided in the MSA, or as may be required by law.
Finario only collects information required to access and use the Application, currently a name and business email address. This information is collected for the sole purpose of providing and improving the experience of the Application, maintaining security, and diagnosing technical problems as further described in the MSA. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with Finario or the Application.
For detailed privacy information related to data entered by a customer who uses the Finario Application, please reach out to the respective customer directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this Statement.
We process Personal Data on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract – The use of Personal Data may be necessary to perform the agreement that we have with our customers (for example, the Application);
- Legitimate interests – We may use Personal Data for our legitimate interests to market and improve our products and services and the content on our Public Website, Events or Application (for example to manage our network, improve the service, and better tailor the features, performance and support of the service);
- Consent – We will rely on your consent to use (i) technical information such as cookie data; and (ii) your personal information for marketing purposes when requested;
- Legal obligation – to comply with our legal obligations.
Retention and Security of Information Collected
Finario stores Personal Data only as long as reasonably necessary. We take precautions including organizational, technical and physical measures to help safeguard against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the data we process or use. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions.
If we become aware of a breach involving Personal Data collected on the Public Website or at Events we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of such breach. If we become aware of a breach involving the Application we will notify customers pursuant to the terms of the MSA. If you have any questions about the security of our Public Website or the Application, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting Us” section, below.
We do not intentionally collect or process, and do not want you to provide, any Personal Data unrelated to your job function, including that revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, medical condition or sexual orientation. If we become aware that you have provided such information, we will promptly delete such information from our records.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
Neither the Public Website, Events nor the Application are designed for or directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete such information from our records.
Changes to this Statement
Finario reserves the right to change this Statement as reasonably necessary or advisable to accommodate changes to the law, technology or circumstances, and will use reasonable efforts to provide notification of the material changes prior to the changes taking effect.