Studies have shown that companies employing best practices in capital investment planning and management dramatically outperform those with an average process. Finario’s Capital Investment Effectiveness Framework divides capital expenditure management into seven key dimensions for analysis and measures performance on over 200 discrete variables.
Drawing on the Finario Framework, we’ve put together a series of concise Executive Briefings on key topics to build a Capital Investment Best Practice Library. We hope you find it thought provoking and look forward to hearing about your own experience.
- Capital Planning & Budgeting
- Capital Project Evaluation
- Capital Investment Authorization
- Cost Tracking & Forecasting
A selection of articles on capital investment and software technology:
- May 15, 2013 – Capital Projects: Is Your Board Doing Enough?
- October 23, 2012 – Maximizing Return on Capital Investment
- October 3, 2012 – Four Common CAPEX Planning Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- September 1, 2012 - Freed from the Budget
- June 28, 2012 - Six Ways to Lower Your Technology/Application Debt
- May 1, 2011 – Why more companies are abandoning budgets in favor of rolling forecasts
- March 4, 2011 – Are you Reinvesting Enough?
- September 1, 2010 – Captains of Capex
- June 1, 2010 – From Adversity, Better Budgets
- May 22, 2010 - You Need Smarter Apps
- March 5, 2010 – Why businesses still hate enterprise software
- December 1, 2009 – The Top 10 Trends for 2010 in Analytics & BI