Unfortunately capital is not unlimited and hard choices must be made between competing investment alternatives. Comparing tens or hundreds of projects on an “apples-to-apples” basis, incorporating financial and qualitative criteria as well as risk, is no easy task.
Construct the project portfolio that will maximize aggregate financial benefit to the enterprise and lay the foundation for sustained improvement in capital project performance:
- Ensure that projections reflect the latest operational plans
- Eliminate spreadsheet mistakes
- Standardize financial metric calculation
- Institutionalize best practices
- Include ROI in post-completion performance review
Finario’s Capital Project Evaluation application features:
- Benefits – Make it easy for project managers to generate accurate P&L projections.
- Scenarios - Use scenario-based project planning to improve forecast accuracy.
- KPIs – Automate the calculation of Payback, NPV, PI and other key financial metrics.
- Alternatives - Understand the complete financial profile of alternative project options.
- Performance review – Close the “feedback” loop to drive continuous improvement.
- Benchmarking - Compare project performance across the organization and over time.
Ensure that material projects are planned thoroughly and thoughtfully to lay the foundation for successful execution and timely, on-budget completion. Request a Finario demo today.